Saturday, July 6, 2019

Black Fly Season Blues


Black Fly Season Blues

(sung to the tune of Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash)

I hear the black flies buzzing, they're swarming round my tent,
and I've been out of bug spray, since I don't when.
I'm stuck in black fly season, and getting feasted on.
But those suckers keep on biting, the whole way to Gorham.

When I was just a baby, my Momma told me "Son,
Always wear your head net, and put some bug spray on".
But I swatted ten in Conway. Just to watch them die.
When I feel the suckers biting, I hang my head and cry.

I bet there's rich folk dining, up in a mountain hut.
They're probably watching croo skits, and sleeping in warm bunks.
But I'm down in black fly heaven, mosquitoes whining by.
I know I need some sleep now, but I can't shut my eyes.

If they moved me from this campsite, if the whole forest was mine.
Well then I'd move my tent up, a lot closer to tree line.
Far from black flies breeding, is where I want to stay.
And I'd let the alpine breezes, blow my blues away.

dedicated to CJ the caretaker at Nauman Tentsite and the '19 Hut Croo at Madison Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment